The Manti Loop Trail is a 55 mile trip that took us 5.5 hours at 7.5 mph; leaving from the Manti City Park. The trail starts at the Patton Trailhead and goes through the Manti Community Campground, Yearns Reservoir, Middle Fork Manti Canyon, Loggers Fork, Loggers Reservoir, Jet Fox Reservoir, Cove Lake, Duck Fork Reservoir, Ferron Reservoir and onto the Sky Line Drive. Plan this trip as a light full day ride that leaves time to explore all the canyons, reservoirs and nearby Manti.
- Directions From the North
- Directions from the South
- Facilities: Lodging, camping, groceries, restaurants, entertainment and fuel can all be found in Manti before leaving. Restrooms can be found at Patton Trailhead and Yearns Reservoir.
- OHVs: ATVs, MCs, UTVs, 4x4s all sizes on most trails (depending on the section there are some restrictions to 66″).
- Terrain: Mostly Graded Roads | US Forest Service rates this trail as More Difficult.
- Signage: The main routes have adequate signage. There are a number of side roads so the GPS becomes helpful. You will be sticking to the Patton Trailhead (Arapeen Route 3) for most of the ride.
- KML File for Google Maps
- GPX File for your Garmin GPS or other Apps
- Buy a Map of the Arapeen Trail System
We highly recommend you get GAIA GPS for your smartphone or tablet mobile device. GAIA GPS will allow you to download this trail complete with the photos you see here so you can be sure where you are at all times. Simply install the GAIA GPS app and save this trail from here: DOWNLOAD THIS TRAIL
Here is an embedded live link to GAIA GPS to allow you to explore the trail. Each of the blue markers indicates that a photo was taken at that location. To view the track and photos, click here: GAIA GPS – Manti Loop – Sanpete CO Utah
Would you like to see the Manti Loop OHV trail in an animated 3D flyover map? If it appears to pause that is likely a place we stopped for a while. It will continue, just wait a few moments. Link to 3D Flyover.
Here is the 360 view at the trailhead. Feel free to tour around a bit inside Google Street Views. We have recorded the trail in 360, and it is now part of Google Street Views so you can take a virtual tour of the trail to see if it is for you. While we didn’t have time to ride all of the trail we think you will find this fairly representative of what you will find. We’ve made it a bit easier to navigate, scroll down and you will see more 360 embedded tours as we encounter intersections, trail markers or interesting places along the trail.
On any image, you can click the ‘X’ in the upper right corner and the view will change to an overview map showing the Google Street View blue lines. You can click anywhere on that blue line and drop down to the 360 ground-level views at that point.
You can move the image 360 degrees, click the arrow to move further down the trail and zoom in and out to take a closer look. Clicking the box in the upper right-hand corner will enlarge to full screen for a better view.
Start in Manti City Park. Head south on N 400 W Street toward First N. Turn left at the first cross street onto First N. And then turn right onto N Main St. until you come to 400 S. Then turn left onto E 400 S. Next turn right onto 400 E St. Then you will turn left onto E 500 S St. Continue onto Manti Canyon Road to Patton Trailhead.
Yearns Reservoir (restrooms available).
Continue east on FR0045.
Stay to the right on FR0046 heading east.
Stay to the right heading north.
Stay to the left heading east.
Here’s a beautiful view of the valley below.
Stay to the left to head south.
Take the third road to the right and head between the opening in the fence heading to Blue Lake and Cove Creek.
Another sampling of things to see on the trail (Cove Lake).
Turn right to go to Duck Creek Reservoir. You will need to come back this way and continue straight or to the left to continue the Manti Loop.
Duck Creek Reservoir (restrooms available).
Stay to the left heading south toward Ferron Reservoir.
Ferron Reservoir. Stay to the right heading south at the fork. You will now be on the Sky Line Drive.
Beautiful valley view.
Stay to the right heading west on Sky Line Drive.
Stay to the left heading toward Manti. You will now be leaving Sky Line Drive and heading back to the start of the loop.
Here is a photo gallery of all of the images we took along the way. Not necessarily in any order or sequence. Many are at trail intersections. You can see the photos and exactly where along the trail where taken: Click here for Photo Locations.
- The closest medical help is Gunnison Valley Hospital, 64 E 100 N Street, Gunnison, UT 84634. (435) 528-7246.
- Dial 9-1-1 for emergencies.
- Sanpete County Sheriff: Dial 9-1-1 or (435) 835-2191. 1500 S Hwy 89, Manti, UT 84642
- Utah Highway Patrol: Dial 9-1-1
- We highly recommend you purchase a Utah Search and Rescue Assistant Card (USARA), learn more: https://secure.utah.gov/rescue/